By appointment via e-Mail
- Year of birth: 1965
Dr. Phil., Psychology, LMU Munich 1997
Habilitation (professorial dissertation), Psychology and Educational Science, LMU Munich 2001
- Important positions:
2004-2006: Associate Professor for Research on Learning and Instruction at the University of Tuebingen
since 2006: Full Professor of Educational Science and Educational Psychology, LMU Munich
2008-2010: Director of the Department of Psychology, LMU Munich
since 2009: Speaker of the Munich Center of the Learning Sciences
since 2009: Member of the Board of Directors of the International Society of the Learning Sciences
2011-2013: Dean of Faculty (Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, LMU)
2012-2013: President-elect of the International Society of the Learning Sciences
- Extended curriculum vitae (PDF 50kB)
- Learning with digital media
- Collaborative learning
- Scientific reasoning and argumentation
- Use-inspired basic research and evidence based practice in education
- Eberle, J., Stegmann, K., & Fischer, F. (2014). Legitimate peripheral participation in communities of practice: Participation support structures for newcomers in faculty student councils. Journal of the Learning Sciences, 23(2), 216-244.
- Fischer, F., Kollar, I., Stegmann, K. & Wecker, C. (2013). Toward a script theory of guidance in computer-supported collaborative learning. Educational Psychologist, 48(1), 56-66.
- Fischer, F., & Järvelä, S. (2014). Methodological Advances in Research on Learning and Instruction and in the Learning Sciences. Frontline Learning Research, 2(4), 1-6.
- Fischer, F., Kollar, I., Ufer, S., Sodian, B., Hussmann, H., Pekrun, R., et al. (2014). Scientific Reasoning and Argumentation: Advancing an Interdisciplinary Research Agenda in Education. Frontline Learning Research, 2(3), 28-45.
- Schwaighofer, M., Bühner, M., & Fischer, F. (in press). Executive functions as moderators of the worked example effect: When shifting is more important than working memory capacity. Journal of Educational Psychology.