[Economic and Organisational Psychology]
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU) Munich
80802 Munich / GERMANY
Phone: +49 (0) 89 / 2180 - 5201
Fax: +49 (0) 89 / 2180 - 6347
By appointment by E-mail
Since November 2007 Full Professor of the Chair of Economic and Organisational Psychology at the LMU Munich. From 2000 to 2007 he was the full chair professor for Organisational and Social Psychology and from 2002 to 2007 head of the Work and Organisational Psychology Unit at Aston University (United Kingdom). For more than 12 years Professor Brodbeck was a member of the steering committee of the GLOBE program (Global Leadership and Organizational Behavior Effectiveness), a research association of 170 scientists from more than 60 nations. GLOBE was founded 1993 at the Wharton School of Management (USA). Professor Brodbeck published seven books and more 100 articles in academic journals, and numerous articles in trade magazines, all in the following areas: Intercultural Management, organisational culture, leadership, Diversity, collective information processing, problem solving, and decision making, human-computer-interaction, group performance, and research methods. His expertise spans experimental and applied research methods, field research, theory development, and development of practice oriented tools. He also has profound experience in coaching of managers, teams, and organisations, as well as in change management, human resource management, and international employee surveys. From 2007 to 2010 he was the editor of the "Zeitschrift OrganisationsEntwicklung" (journal on organisational development).
In his role as a teacher (active since 1988) Professor Brodbeck covers organisational psychology, personnel, management, and consumer psychology, economic psychology, social psychology, cultural comparative psychology, and research methods. He has taught in different formats at both the undergraduate and graduate level and in different national systems (LMU Munich, JLU Giessen, University of Innsbruck). He has also taught at several trade schools of several countries (German Insurance Academy - DVA, Hospitality Academy Kaiserhof – Meran, Italy, Chartered Institute of Personnel Development, CIPD, UK). At Aston University he taught on the undergraduate, the graduate (Master and MBA), and the PhD level (DBA, PhD).
- Guillaume, Y.F.R., van Knippenberg, D., & Brodbeck, F. C. (2014). Nothing succeeds like moderation: A social self-regulation perspective on cultural dissimilarity and performance. Academy of Management Journal, published online November 12, 2013 amj.2013.0046
- Brodbeck. F. C., Kugler, K. G., Reif, J. A. M., & Maier, M. A. (2013). Morals Matter in Economic Games. PLoS ONE 8(12), 1 -19.
(Link to the paper)
- Crawshaw, J. R., van Dick, R. & Brodbeck, F. C. (2012). Opportunity, fair process and relationship value: career development as a driver of proactive work behavior. Human Ressource Management Journal. 22 (1), 4–20. DOI: 10.1111/j.1748-8583.2011.00169.x
- Guillaume, Y. R. F., Brodbeck, F. C., & Riketta, M. (2012). Surface- and deep-level dissimilarity effects on social integration and individual effectiveness related outcomes in work groups: A meta-analytic integration. Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology. 85, 80–115. DOI: 10.1111/j.2044-8325.2010.02005.x
- Berger, R., at Yepes, M., Gómez Benito, J., Quijano, S., & Brodbeck, F. C. (2011). Validity of the Human System Audit Transformational Leadership Short Scale (HSA-TFL) in four European countries [Validez de la escala corta de Liderazgo Transforma-cional en el marco de la Auditoría del Sistema Humano en cuatro países Europeos (HSA-TFL)] (Spanish & English Abstract). Universitas Psychologica, 10 (3), 825–836.
- van Quaquebeke, N., van Knippenberg, D., & Brodbeck, F. C. (2011). More than meets the eye: The role of subordinates' self-perceptions in leader categorization processes. The Leadership Quarterly, 22(2), 367-382. doi: 10.1016/j.leaqua.2011.02.011
- Crawshaw, J. R. & Brodbeck, F. C. (2011). Justice and trust as antecedents of careerist orientation. Personnel Review, 40 (1), 106-125.
- Brodbeck, F. C., Guillaume, Y. R. F., & Lee, N. J. (2011). Ethnic diversity as a multilevel construct: The combined effects of dissimilarity, group diversity, and societal status on learning performance in work groups. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 42(7), 1198-1218. doi: 10.1177/0022022110383314
- van Dick, R., van Knippenberg, D., Hägele, S., Guillaume, Y. R. F., & Brodbeck, F. C. (2008). Group diversity and group identification: The moderating role of diversity beliefs. Human Relations, 61(10), 1463-1492.
- Mojzisch, A., Schulz-Hardt, S., Kerschreiter, R., Brodbeck, F. C., & Frey, D. (2008). Social validation in group decision-making: Differential effects on the decisional impact of preference-consistent and preference-inconsistent information. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 44(6), 1477-1490. doi: 10.1016/j.jesp.2008.07.012
- Brodbeck, F. C., Kerschreiter, R., Mojzisch, A., & Schulz-Hardt, S. (2007). Group Decision Making under Conditions of Distributed Knowledge: The Information Asymmetries Model. Academy of Management Review, 32(2), 459-479. doi: 10.5465/amr.2007.24351441
- Schulz-Hardt, S., Brodbeck, F. C., Mojzisch, A., Kerschreiter, R., & Frey, D. (2006). Group decision making in hidden profile situations: Dissent as a facilitator for decision quality. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 91(6), 1080-1093. doi: 10.1037/0022-3518.104.22.1680
|Chhokar, J., Brodbeck, F. C., & House, R. (2008). Culture and leadership across the world: The GLOBE Book of in-depth studies of 25 societies (2nd edition). Mahwah, NJ: LEA Publishers.||Manktelow, J., Brodbeck, F. C., & Anand, N. (2006) (2005 e-book). How to lead: Discover the leader within you. Swindon, UK: Mind Tools Ltd.|
|R. J. House, R. J., Hanges, P. J., Javidan, M., Dorfman, P. W., & Gupta, V. (2004). Culture, Leadership, and Organizations: The GLOBE study of 62 societies. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.||Brodbeck, F. C., Anderson, N., & West, M. A. (2000). Das Teamklima-Inventar. Heidelberg: Hogrefe.|
Speeches, Consulting, Workshops, for, by and with executives, managers, and employees on topics like:
Strategic Employee Surveys, organisational development and change management, evidence based management, team development, leadership, leadership culture, organisational culture, global leadership, cultural diversity, intercultural cooperation, Top-Performance in teams, creativity, innovation, human-computer interaction, working and organisations in virtual environments
Führung made in Germany
Evidenzbasiertes (Veränderungs-) Management
360° Feedback Instrument zur Führungskräfteentwicklung weltweit: Auf internationale Aufgaben vorbereitet sein