by appointment (via email)
- Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.de/citations?user=QUM0fvMAAAAJ&hl=en
- ResearchGate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Elisabeth-Bauer-6
Elisabeth Bauer studied Educational Sciences in her Bachelor’s at LMU Munich and Psychology: Learning Sciences in her Master’s at LMU Munich. In 2017, she started working as a research associate with Professor Frank Fischer in the BMBF funded project FAMULUS. Since 2019, she is also a PhD candidate in the current cohort of the REASON international doctoral school. Her research interest are scientific reasoning and argumentation in the context of diagnosing and its facilitation using simulation-based learning and automated adaptive feedback.
- Scientific reasoning and argumentation
- Diagnostic skills
- Adaptive feedback
- Simulation-based learning
- Bauer, E., Fischer, F., Kiesewetter, J., Shaffer, D. W., Fischer, M. R., Zottmann, J. M., & Sailer, M. (2020). Diagnostic activities and diagnostic practices in medical education and teacher education: An interdisciplinary comparison. Frontiers in Psychology. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2020.562665
- Bauer, E., Sailer, M., Kiesewetter, Fischer, M. R., & Fischer, F. (2021). Pre-Service teachers’ argumentations in the context of assessment. The Interdisciplinarity of the Learning Sciences. 15th International Conference of the Learning Sciences (ICLS) 2021 Proceedings (pp. 669- 672). International Society of the Learning Sciences.
- • Bauer, E., Sailer, M., Kiesewetter, J., Schulz, C., Gurevych, I., Fischer, M.R., & Fischer, F. (2022). Learning to diagnose students’ behavioral, developmental and learning disorders in a simulation-based learning environment for pre-service teachers. In F. Fischer & A. Opitz (Eds.), Learning to diagnose with simulations - Examples from teacher education and medical education (pp. 97-107). Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-89147-3_8
- Bauer, E., Sailer, M., Kiesewetter, J., Schulz, C., Pfeiffer, J., Gurevych, I., Fischer, M. R., & Fischer, F. (2019). Using ENA to analyze pre-service teachers’ diagnostic argumentations: A conceptual framework and initial applications. In E. Brendan, Misfeldt, M., & Siebert-Evenstone A. (Eds.), International Conference on Quantitative Ethnography (pp. 14-25). Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-33232-7_2
- Bauer, E., Sailer, M., Kiesewetter, J., Shaffer, D. W., Schulz, C., Pfeiffer, J., Gurevych, I., Fischer, M. R., & Fischer, F. (2020). Pre-service teachers’ diagnostic argumentation: What is the role of conceptual knowledge and cross-domain epistemic activities? In Gresalfi, M. & Horn, I. S. (Eds.), The Interdisciplinarity of the Learning Sciences. 14th International Conference of the Learning Sciences (ICLS) 2020 Proceedings (pp. 2399-2400). International Society of the Learning Sciences. https://doi.dx.org/10.22318/icls2020.2399