Course G: Basic neurosciences 2
Part 2: Tutorium on Computational Neuroscience (Deubel)
Time and Location
Where: CIP-Pool (Leopoldstraße 11b)
When: Wednesdays, 1st, 15th, 22nd June; 16:00 - 18:00
- Introducing basic mathematical concepts relevant for the field of computational neuroscience.
- Reducing the terror of mathematical formalizations and reasoning.
- Gaining hands-on expericence for network dynamics and learning mechanisms with help of labs in Simbrain (neural networks simulator).
- Differential Equations and the leaky integrator
- Matrix Calculus and Linear associators
- Applying Simbrain to activity propagation, Hebbian learning and sensori-motor control
Requirements for course credit points
• Lecture: written examination (weighing 75%) at the end of the semester (week 13).
• Tutorial: Solving problem sets and working actively on Simbrain labs (weighing 25% = 10% homework + 15% lab activity).